Im in L.A. where should i go

Discussion in 'Cuttlefish Care' started by William Tyson, Sep 23, 2006.

1. William Tyson

William Tyson Vampyroteuthis Registered

i will be in LA through sunday im wonderin if there are any good lfs or aquariums that i should see while im in town

2. erich orser

erich orser Architeuthis Supporter Registered

Long Beach has The Aquarium of the Pacific, nearby there's Cabrillo, and the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History (1 1/2 hours drive North) has both a preserved moroteuthis and a really great architeuthis model!

As for eats, check-out Nova Express Cafe on Fairfax two blocks North of Beverly Blvd (across the street from Canter's Deli). Cthulhu resides there some of the time, and is featured on their t-shirts!

3. OB

OB Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

Do take a trip into the Santa Barbara channel, worth every penny.

4. cuttlegirl

cuttlegirl Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach is definitely worth the trip. The Pacific Marine Mammal Center in Laguna Beach is a rehabilitation center for seals and sea lions (they eat squid...). If the tide is low, you should go to Newport Beach near Margarita Ave. and peek under all of the rocks. You could take a boat ride to Catalina Island. Let me know if you need any more information, enjoy yourself, it is a fun place to visit. If you eat fish Wahoo's fish taco is delicious (they serve other things besides fish...). Ruby's Diner at the end of the Seal Beach Pier is always fun.

5. William Tyson

William Tyson Vampyroteuthis Registered

i went to the aquarium of the pacific, it was quite amazing!!!