how big of tank | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

how big of tank

daddysquoc

Wonderpus
Registered
make sure uv got a good filter for them, taht many will produce alot of waste; u'll want to keep them nourished so theyre still of value to ur ceph

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
Nancy has mentioned keeping them on damp sand with a bowl of brackish water has had higher success than in an aquarium. I am hoping to bring home a large supply when we go to Charleston this weekend (to meet Conanny and bring home some of her young ;>) and will try her method in a large rubbermaid type container I happen to have sitting empty on the floor under the current 2 two gallon nanos where I keep the 30 I usually order (left over from a failed brine shrimp raising project). I rarely lose any in my current set up but they do get sluggish and I suspect they are consumed just in time.

Joe has promised to coach us at catching a quantity of food so we are holding him to his claim that we should be able to take home as many as we want (he does hedge on the possibility that we will be inept or that the weather will foil our plans by explaining we can go to the bait shop and still help pay for our trip in shipping savings ;>)

SandV

Wonderpus
Registered
I thought of the sand thing too....

Nancy, what type of sand do you use?

I guess I could just keep them like land hermit crabs... they need salt water and fresh water... i guess giving them brakish could work the same...

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards