Holiday recipe

Melissa

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Reaction score
Five pounds of seafood in there and I am really hungry after reading the recipe! Thanks for posting this, WK!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
:x Some how it just doesnt seem right to stuff an octopus......

Carol

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
I guess youve watched Alton Brown when he constantly repeats "Stuffing is Evil"...well, to each his own... personally i tend to stick to squid since its easier to cook properly and usually cheaper...

I was surprised, I didnt see any Octos at the fish markets this season... Although i did find a place that stocks decent sized (~ foot long) whole squid...

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
Im going to throw this marinade recipe on here since its a holiday tradition in my family.... i had asked my mom for the recipe several times and finally got it... we usually use it on beef tenderloin for Xmas dinner... ive made it a couple times and know it also goes well with pork, raw tuna, and im pretty sure it'd go fine with chicken as well....

i was shocked when i found out it had ketchup in it.... in my tweaking, ive found that some cracked black pepper and maybe a touch more Worestshire helps it out if the ketchup used is a bit sugary...

1C Ketchup
2t mustard
1/2t Worcestshire sauce
1 1/2 C Water
2 (0.7 oz) envelopes of Italian salad dressing mix

this'll be enough for a 4-6# tenderloin... marinade at least 8hrs....baste the meat as you cook, and keep some around, simmer it and serve it on the side at the table...

good stuff :thumbsup:

um...

Architeuthis
Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I might actually be trying that out in the near future.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...