Hindenburg- O. Mercatoris

Fiddlers are good climbers so anything hanging down from the top will allow them to climb out. They can't climb up straight walls for very far unless there is something to grasp. If you have something in the tank with them, keep it in the center where they can't reach the walls from the top of the object.

theyre crawling up the filter...but I think the two fiddlers i found might have been out of hindenburgs tank..I looked it over trying to find the crabs and didnt find a shell or a live fiddler. two missing =two found. though i have no idea how they could get out of that plexiglass lid

Filters are the perfect escape for them and I have found a couple that escaped into the Skilter on my Merc tank. I found my minimal setup for fiddlers only did not need a filter and have not had an escape even though the sides are only about 7" tall.

Not that I have seen or noticed but fiddler shells are very very thin (possibly why they are so readily accepted) and easily crumble to become part of the substrate.

D you were noooot kidding about how bad mussels can mess up water quality..i checked all the mustcles at about 8 this morning..all alive and fine. came home at about midnight...all dead..water in my feeder tank was all messed up...and top it off..the filter the feeder tank stopped working too...poor lil crabbies

well I've located no eggs in the plastic tank or in the pvc pieces I can easily see, Hindenberg has not left the pvc at all for several days now to my knowledge. I cant see her well where shes at but where shes normally balled up nice and tight taking up the whole diameter of the pvc shes kind of "deflated" laying along the bottom of the pipe. She is alive but I dont think she is well at all. I think she probably had laid eggs before she was caught =\

dwhatley;151058 said:
She may come out and wander the tank during her last week.

she is out of her den today moving around in the light and her arms corkscrewing pretty bad. :sad:

Unfortunately, this is what I have typically seen. She may even interact with you a little if you wish to put you hand in but she likely has no real clue about what is going on.

EGGS! I was taking out the decorations and pvc pipe I used for Hidenburg (I'm moving so I'm not going to get another octo till I've relocated) and just as I took the piece of pvc out of the water..I saw a few small gellish octo eggs inside. I stuck the piece of pvc back under fast..hopefully that didn't harm them. I didn't expect to see any since she died so soon, I thought they usually live to see their eggs hatch.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back