• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

hi I'm Niki I am the proud owner of a mimic octopus named Karma lovely to meet you all and be a part of this group

Thanks for joining! I've moved your thread to the Exotics forum, which requires members to login in order to view contents. This keeps search engines from scanning and returning results about keeping exotic and rare species, which as a community we do NOT want to encourage, but at the same time, we do want to provide support for your care of the animal. Can you share photos and tank specs? How did you acquire Karma?

:welcome: @Forbiddenn
Please DO post your experience. One of the problems we have noted with the Wunderpus is that they don't seem to do well in captivity but there have been a few to live out what appears to be a normal lifespan so all journalling is helpful. Note that I have suggested the species as Wunderpus photogenicus and not Thaumoctopus mimicus. It is not impossible that you have a mimic but not as likely as it being a Wunderpus. Photos will help to validate the species and a journal will help learning whether or not this species can be successfully kept. Thanks so much for participating.

Welcome to the site! We.re looking forward to reading more about your experiences with your new octopus, and maybe some photos.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back