Hello from Rhode Island !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Seamay, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Seamay

Seamay Pygmy Octopus Registered

Hello all. I`ve been in the SW hobby for a number of years now and was always facinated with Cephs...Octopuses (Octopi, whichever). I have a 72 mostly dedicated tank wich has been running with ~50 lbs of live rock for about three months and I just recieved my latest buddy 2 days ago. He is from the Pacific which worries me a bit since I am set up for an Atlantic Species; rock, clams , and crabs and Temp are all based off the Atlantic. I have many questions but I will post in new threads...go easy on the first time Octo dad

2. Tentacle Toast

Tentacle Toast GPO Supporter Registered

Hello, Seamay, & welcome to TONMO! :welcome: Octopuses IS correct, as the word isn't based in latin (as is my understanding). You've come to the right place for answers! Right off the bat though, those clams & crabs aren't going to last very long, so if that's what you meant by a "mostly" dedicated tank, know that "mostly" label won't apply for very long! Scour these forums, & you'll find the answers you seek.. good luck!

3. Seamay

Seamay Pygmy Octopus Registered

Hello again...the crabs and clams (local Quahogs) are in there for food by design. Well the hermits and snails are left over from the clean up, but we`ll let nature take its course there. If they start disapearing then at least I know he is eating. As of now, he still hasnt touched anything and He is STILL hiding well into the rocks. Kinda frustrating actually. I just purchased some fresh shrimp but still no appearance...I have fesh/frozen scallops too.
    What I meant by mostly dedicated was the other critters and one lonely Chromis I cannot catch very easily. If the Octo gets hungry, theres plenty of variety in there.

4. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

Welcome Seamay!