Hello Everybody

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by drivingd, Jun 14, 2003.

1. drivingd

drivingd Larval Mass Registered

Apr 21, 2003
    I am new to this message board and thought I would say Hi, and also let everyone know how much I enjoy TONMO.com. I find all the information to be well laid out and easy to understand. I have not had an octopus in the past, and it will probably be a while before I do get one. I plan to learn as much as I can before I attempt to keep an octopus.

I don't have any experience with a saltwater tank yet. I plan to set up a salt water tank with some fish in it to get some experience and once I am comfortable with that then I will look into obtaining an octopus. I am in no rush right now and currently am learning as much as possible.

Thanks for the great site and if I have any questions I will be sure to post them to get help.
  2. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

May 30, 2000

Welcome! I hear ya... Most people are pretty floored when they hear that I don't own an octopus myself... (I've never even owned a tank)... My answer is "perhaps someday". I recognize it's a lot of work and realize that I can't make the committment at this point... but being a part of this site is the next best thing to owning one, that's for sure!

Glad to have you with us!

3. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

Mar 15, 2003
    If you are interested in keeping cephs, I would recommend learning how to keep a small reef tank...once you get a handle on that, you can introduce the octo or cuttle, and WOW! You're addicted!
    There is a lot of great literature on natural reef tanks out there...trust me on this one, you will have a blast!
    Keep us posted,