H. atlanticus off the Azores

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
A well known crumb off the sperm whales' table. My friend Esther is about to embark on her own little expedition to Pico this April, let's see what she brings home regarding interesting (photographic) material!

P7071035.JPG

Cool!! I am obviously far too entrenched in the squid side of things... I read 'H. atlanticus,' looked at the photo and thought, 'That's no Histioteuthis!' :roll:

Tintenfisch;187200 said:
Cool!! I am obviously far too entrenched in the squid side of things... I read 'H. atlanticus,' looked at the photo and thought, 'That's no Histioteuthis!' :roll:

:lol: I was also expecting a squid and did a double take, thinking on "but that's an octopus, not a squid" and then had to laugh when I saw your post.

Bumpy! Have actually just reviewed a pretty cool little MS about another species' egg masses -- will let you know if/when I hear that it's been published :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back