Giant Squid Quiz

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
I think that was my first score too - NOTE: I TOLD you to read the third choice!!!! :wink: The one about the WWII "victims" is sketchy.

Clem

Architeuthis
Supporter
Registered
:neutral:

That quiz is crap. Weaselly and vague. And the WWII squid attack myth? I hope its inclusion in the quiz doesn't portend its inclusion in the forthcoming TV special.

Clem

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
You would do much better if you read my note about reading the THIRD choice. SOME of the questions are, indeed, iffy but not reading the third choice carefully was my definite downfall toward a decent score (12/20).

robyn

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
yeah, me too! Although the ones with total weights and lengths are always a guess, because who knows what the maximum weight is??

We are all trying very hard to discredit this quiz.... :lol:

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
That's because we all KNOW we should knock it out at 100%, especially after the first 5 or so "normal" questions ... :sagrin: I had to go look up the WWII attack (after the test) and was totally embarrassed with the "where did they bury the survivors" type question ('cause I missed it and smacked my head afterwards :oops:)

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
"Squids' bodies are made of chitin and cartilage" There I was, thinking they merely contained a relatively small quantity of the stuff....

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
"The eyes of the giant squid are the largest of any animal in the world" There go my measurements of Mesonychoteuthis, out the window.....

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
So that's 18 out of 20, nothing to brag about, however; the quiz is verging on nonsensical.

Members online

No members online now.