getting a cephalopod-y PhD!

congrats on the paper acceptance!

And actually, I have read some very boring things, I'm sure your thesis will be far more enthralling, if only because of the subject matter!

rumors of boringness in Robyn's thesis are greatly exaggerated.

Congratulations Master Taollan!

Our newest graduate is shy, but allowed me to read his thesis pre-print and announce that he just passed his defense! :cheers: :party: :grad: :band:

Congratulations Taollan!

edit: I mistook his Masters thesis for a PhD, so I said Doctor in the earlier version of this post. It was worth a PhD by my reckoning, anyway, but this does mean I get to look forward to reading his PhD thesis later!

I also bumped the thread elsewhere where his research was written up a bit... he said that the thesis won't be available per school policy until the pending journal publication processes complete, but I can certainly say that I enjoyed it, and I think it has very valuable information for pet octo keepers as well as geeky academic ceph metabolic physiology fanboys and fangirls.

Well, looks like it's my turn. Let's not count how long I've been heading for this, shall we? :roll: My oral defense is Thursday at 12.30pm NZ time. :bonk:

Chicken or Egg

Having a lesser degree (and one that did not require a paper even at the master's level) :hmm:, I am unclear on the sequence for completion of a PhD after the classwork. Do the orals come before, midway or after the written thesis?

I'll wish you no stress as there isn't really a question of success :biggrin2:

Good Luck! I'm sure you'll be brilliant. Just look forward to that first drink as a doctor while you're being examined, it keeps your priorities straight! :smile:

Let us know how it goes.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back