"Find the ceph in this photo" game

gholland

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
Reaction score
I've been having some fun playing "Find the ceph in this photo" game with Dreadhead, cuttlefishguy, and others lately and wanted to more-or-less "organize the game" into a single, on-going thread and invite everyone to post their challenges here as well as establish some simple guidelines for posting answers.

Rules:
1. Post a pic of a hard-to-spot ceph.
2. Indicate what kind of ceph and how many people should look for.
3. Include a link to another version of the same photo (in your TONMO gallery or a photo archive site) where the hiding place is clearly indicated. Please don't post the answers in this thread.
4. Please do not discuss answers publicly in this thread. Use private messaging so you don't ruin the game for others.
5. Do not alter the hue, saturation, color, or other characteristics to make the cephalopod more difficult to find. Cropping, re-sizing, and minor adjustment to brightness, contrast, sharpness, etc. are acceptable within reason.

If you have old photos from your journal thread or other "find the ceph" posts that would be good for this game, please feel free to repost and consolidate them here.

Here's an example of what I have in mind (realize that this is the normal red tank lighting that we use for our mercs... not a color alteration):

Find the octopus in the photo below.
Check your answer here.

gholland

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
Reaction score
Thoughts or suggestions?

robyn

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Reaction score
great idea. That one took me about 5 minutes....not so easy!

gholland

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks robyn! I guess "ease" is in the eye of the photographer! Maybe all statements regarding difficulty should be avoided too, eh? :wink:

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
I love this idea -- great format, keep going! Did you alter the hue at all? I find that incredibly difficult to spot, even with your "click here for the answer"! That might be another rule -- do not alter the photo.

gholland

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. No, I didn't alter the hue. That's a straight no-flash pic of our merc tank with the red vellum cover under the fluorescent lighting.

Good job guys! Who's next?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathan37

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak