Elation followed by crushing disappointment | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Elation followed by crushing disappointment

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
came to work today and our educator (who had been hosting a sleepover :twisted: ) said to me "oh by the way we caught a wee squid in the light trap last night....d'you want it? ( :shock: I mean IMAGINE asking ME that!!!!) "

I manage to compose myself and say calmly "yes please" (I'm sooooooooooooo proud of myself!) "where is it?"

"Oh down in the lab in a bucket"

dashed down (didn't even stop for :coffee: ) looked in the bucket and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh DOA

I was crushed, took several :coffee:'s to calm down.

I'll get a pic and post soon

J

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
I know how you feel!!! Years ago there were local divers who sold me some local seahorses. I had them set up in a bucket with a filter, didn't have time to set up in a tank, ran out for an hour, came back and somehow the plug came out.......I felt like a murderer.....Anyway, hopefully they will get another for you????

Carol

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards