Dwarfs in Hawaii?

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Supporter
eupyrymna scolopes. Maybe other dwarfs, but that's the one I know for sure.

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Supporter
I think they are found around all the islands. Shallow water (ankle deep), in shallows/sand flats.

Octomush

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
O I think I know what ur talkin about! Those are awesome! I read in a book that they are so small they sometimes live in old matis shrimp burrows! Cool.... And I think I know where on my island I might catch one. :D

joel_ang

Architeuthis
Registered
They're not actual octos, they're seploids and are more closely related to cuttles. They're nocturnal and they spend their day buried in the sand so find one is pretty tough.

You could try mesonychoteuthis hamiltoni or even a vampyroteuthis :vampyro: :heee: Seriously, I don't think there are dwarfs there (according to ceph base).

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Supporter
Is O. mercatoris found in hawaii?

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Supporter
Well, if you're using cephbase (what I use), they don't know its biogeography. Seriously! Look at their O.mercatoris entry- it doesn't say anything about biogeography OR country list.

Cephkid

Sepia elegans
Supporter
Not sayin yer wrong, just asking if anyone has any info from somewhere else as well.

Scouse

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Octomush....."You lucky lucky bast***, what i'd do to be spat at in the face like that!!!!!"

Sorry havin a 'Life of Brian Moment' :lol:

gotta say how cool a postion you are in to go divin an pick em out.

Im intrested thou mate, how do you do your water changes, do you just wander down the beach with a bucket or what?!?!?! :bugout: :D

Colin

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Cephkid said:
Well, if you're using cephbase (what I use), they don't know its biogeography. Seriously! Look at their O.mercatoris entry- it doesn't say anything about biogeography OR country list.
Part of the problem is that they think that there may be several species all getting called mercatoris or jouhbini... they have to revise that small group in the future....

Scouse

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
lol.... I chage the water in my tank by filling trashcans full of it at the beach and bringing them back to my house.
ha haaa!! brilliant sounds like a bit of a pain but better than havin to make up saltwater in the house!!!

class!!!

G Leddington

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Octomush said:
O I think I know what ur talkin about! Those are awesome! I read in a book that they are so small they sometimes live in old matis shrimp burrows! Cool.... And I think I know where on my island I might catch one. :D
on my island i'd do well to catch a trout!!!! :roll:

Members online

No members online now.