• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Chance to name an octopus (kids only)

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
In case you missed the octobot story, note that the National Zoo is offering kids from 5 to 15 a chance to name their new giant pacific octopus (GPO). Photo and story here.

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff
Name This Octopus - Discovery News

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="width: 80, align: center"]

[SIZE=-2]WAMU[/SIZE]
[/TD]
[TD="class: j"]

Name This Octopus
[SIZE=-1]Discovery News[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Smithsonian's National Zoo has a feisty new grapefruit-sized octopus that is lacking only two things: its sexual identity and a name. The former will have to remain a mystery for a while, since the octopus is only one and a half years old. ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Name That Octopus[SIZE=-1]W*USA 9[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]National Zoo's Giant Octopus Needs A Name[SIZE=-1]WAMU[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The Smithsonian National Zoo Seeks Help from Kids to Name the New Octopus[SIZE=-1]MyFox Washington DC[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Washington Post -Huffington Post -WJLA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]all 8 news articles[/SIZE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

More...

ieatfalalfel

Wonderpus
Registered
Hmmmmmm im between 5 and 15..... ill have to think about this, I failed at naming the octos i used to have, I just named them all smushy, yes my vote will me smushy! GPOs are always smushy!

Members online

No members online now.