Beluga's babies = Varys' grandbabies (O. mercatoris)

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, your macro lens capabililty is excellent, I know those are the size of a tick! Miss Broody's batch continued to hatch for 10 days and I think Vary's were similar?

Reaction score
dwhatley;130997 said:
Wow, your macro lens capabililty is excellent, I know those are the size of a tick! Miss Broody's batch continued to hatch for 10 days and I think Vary's were similar?
Thanks D. They are much smaller than I seem to remember them being! Those images are actually frame grabs off the video camera (Sony DCR-SR45) using the regular zoom (40x optical) and I shrank them quite a bit... haven't dug out the macro lenses yet!

Varys' eggs hatched over about a 10-day period too so we'll see how many more we get. Quattro was out roaming the tank last night which is actually pretty uncommon... not sure if it was because of the babies or because I had avoided putting a fiddler in the tank for a few days. I didn't want a fiddler around with the potential for babies... not sure if they would be a threat or not.

sedna

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, they are SO cute! They look a lot more like octos than small egged babies- cuter, too! Small egged babies look like swimming heads. Still, I miss having the babies to care for. Congratulations on your babies- now I'm really inspired to try a large egged breed!

Reaction score
Our mysid order showed up DOA yesterday... don't have very much hope for these guys making it now... it may be too late by the time we can get another live mysid shipment... we'll see what we can do with frozen mysids and cyclopeeze, but we didn't have any luck with them last time around. :banghead:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wangji110

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan