Back into octos

KPV

Hatchling
Registered
Hello,

My name is Parker. I have been in and out of saltwater tanks for a little over 8 years. I have had octos and cuddle fish for 7 years.

I just recently bought a home and set up a new tank. I purchased 2 octospus last week and slowly introduced them into the tank at the same time as to adapt them to each other. Yes, I am very aware of the fact that they are territorial.

I have successfully kept 1 large octo with a barracuda, stars and stripes puffer, dog face puffer, clown trigger, clown fish, as well as multiple shrimp and an eel. This is something that all stores and reef masters says is not possible. This was all done in a 135 gallon tank.

I decided to down size and focus on a reef tank that is only 40 gallons (yes I also know an octopus will eat the cleaner crew but due to the fact I can purchase the crabs cheap its fine). So far my octopus (his name is Grim) and my sons octopus (legs) are both doing great. They both respond to us placing our fingers on the glass and starting to adapt to the feeding schedule.

The last octopus we had past away after 2 years. He would come out from behind the rock in the morning when my lights came on and wait to be hand fed. He would also grab the puffer fish and wait till they blew up and would push them across the tank.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello to all of the octopus loves out there and tell you a little bit about our octos. This site has come a long way since I was last on it and I am very impressed. I hope to speak with more of you and read about your set ups as well.

Thank you,
Parker

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back