Anyone in OH know where to buy Bimacs?

Discussion in 'Octopus Care' started by binaryterror, Jan 11, 2006.

1. binaryterror

binaryterror GPO Registered

*I am VERY sorry if this isnt the right place for this, I looked and didnt know where to put it*

Anyone in the OH area know where to buy a farm raised Bimac? I am not looking forward to buyone one online, but if I have to I will. Thanks!

2. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

Seems like we've had people in Ohio own bimacs. You might want to say what city you're in.

Nancy

3. ant

ant Vampyroteuthis Registered

:D yes ohio! Im gonna get mine from fishsupply here soon or a lsf if i must. You ever heard of pandora or Findlay?

4. binaryterror

Are those places? Or are they cities? I am in the Akron area. Now, if I were to order from fishsupply.com or octopets.com, would it ship out right away or will it take a few weeks?

5. ant

Pandora is a small town and Findlay is a metro.
    Octopets is a little more expensive than fishsupply. I've ordered from fishsupply a couple of times for parts and it took about a week to deliver. Not sure on octopets.com though.

6. binaryterror

I am just wondering if it will take a long time to ship or no. I saw your thread... LMK when you order it and when it sips to you. I would like to know how your Octo is from fishsupply.com

7. ant

Will do :)

8. ant

Ehh.... i ordered oscar last night and realized i gave them the wrong email. So i caled and reset the email and he said somethinga bout they didnt have any octopuses in stock.

9. 3000gtman

3000gtman O. bimaculoides Registered

i live in ohio, in the kent area. my first octo is a octo berriarius or how ever u spell it. i got her off ebay. and the second on i just recently got. i went up to columbiana. there is a fish store there that is the largest saltwater fish store in ohio. when i was there they had the little guy. so i picked him up. i have no clue what species he/she is. but neither did any of the people working. it is a reddish color and only about 3 inch arm length streched out and a mantle about 1/2 inch maybe al il smaller.
    let mek now what you think
    greg

10. binaryterror

Did you go to Aquatic Tech??? I saw that Octo there! Was it in a little jar inside of another tank? I didnt get him because I didnt know what kind he was. Keep my updated!!!

11. 3000gtman

yes thats the little guy i got. they said he was there for a month and a day. but yes that is where i went for the octo at aquatic tech. i could not resist because im addicted to octos. thats makes 2 octos in my bedroom. i guess im spoiling myself. but whats your opinions everyone.

12. binaryterror

What size tank are they both in? How is the one from Aquatic Tech doing?

13. ant

FIshsupply is getting new octopus in on monday so theyll send me one then ill tell you how long it takes.

14. binaryterror

How do you know that they are getting them in?

15. ant

I called them

16. 3000gtman

the octo from aquatic tech is in my 29 gallon still in the jar because he is a little guy but growing. but i will be moving him into a larger plastic jar in a couple days. i also added a nice piece of tonga branch live rock to give him/her somethin to play or fell a little safer on. the octo has ate a total of 5 small scarlet hermits. but will not eat the live nassauri snail. now on to my big carribean reef octo (briareus) i have had her for 11 months and she layed about 20 eggs but they vanished after 1 week. this was about a month ago, i dunno where they went but she sill acts like a mother collecting shells in her den. she is in a 150 gallon tank, also being the headboard of my queen sized bed. i guess im a lil spoiled. but i can still get her to come out and eat shrimp 2-3 times a week. so i hope she will live for another 2 months. whats do you guys think on the time left with her. once she passes on i will move the octo i got from aquatic tech in to the 150. any questions or opinions would be greatly apreciated.
    greg

17. ant

Oh yeah mine only took a day to get here from california

18. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

3000gtman, are you referring to the briareus you named Carl, who arrived on Aug 5, 2006, according to the List of Our Octopuses?

I don't think your briareus will live more than a few weeks after egg laying, but it could be more, given that the eggs have disappeared. Is she still in the den?

Nancy

19. 3000gtman

she is still in her den. i catch her out at night for a fer hours about 3-4 times a week. when i looked at the eggs. i only saw i sack of like 15 eggs and the other only had like 4 on them. ( my first octo so i dunno if thats tew few amount of eggs but thats all i there were. they lasted about 5 days i dunno what hapened to them)this was about 4-5 weeks ago. she still eats 2-3 times a week so i think that helps. she is still collecting shells. i hope she lives a lil longer. i have had her for about 11 months and i think thats quite good for my first octo. any ideas or suggestions on how long carla will last let me know.
    Also the octo i was talking about in this thread earlier was my new octo. i purchased him/her from clumbiana ohio, the largest saltwater fish store in ohio. i went up there with my business partner because we do matinance on daycare center tanks. but anyways, we went up there about a month ago and were lookin for any exotic fish for out tanks or any nice buys. then i asked if they had any octos in just out of curiosity, they did have one. they showed me the octo and i had to purchase him/her because they didnt know what species it was, but they had the octo there for a month and a day exactly so i had to give the lil octo a new home. i dunno what species it is ill have ot load up some pix. it is a reddish color and is nocturnal mostly. when the lights r on she hangs out under a piece of live rosk and holds shells up against it's self, and is a light blue almost clear color. i hope it isnt a dwarf octo because i like the larger species because i set up my big 150 gallon tank as my octo tank and it is also the headboard of my queen sised bed, it had a sweet look. well let me know if u could identify from the colors and description.
    thanx greg