12 Gallon Long

Discussion in 'Tank Talk' started by B_spurge, Oct 31, 2012.

1. B_spurge

B_spurge Larval Mass Registered

Feb 3, 2012
    Hey everyone, its been awhile since I have posted but I was looking for some opinions. I found an interesting tank made by Mr. Aqua, it's a 12 Gallon Long tank (Dimensions 35.4 x 8.3 x 9.4 Inch). It is a rimless tank so I would have to fashion some kind of seal for the top. Just wondering if this would be suitable for O. Mercatoris? Also the sump would be a 15 Gallon tank with skimmer and other filtration. So we're talking about 20 gallons of water in a small tank. Your thoughts would be much appreciated, Thanks! :smile:
  2. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

Sep 4, 2006
    WITH the sump and numerous dens it should be OK. My female mercs pretty much found a den and stayed there. The males were more adventurous so be sure to have a selection of dens. The biggest problem with be finding one. We have not seen many dwarfs in the last two years.
  3. Tentacle Toast

Tentacle Toast GPO Supporter Registered

Oct 8, 2012
    Given that mercatoris is such a secretive species, does anyone have installed any type of submersible camera to capture habits & behaviors otherwise observable in suspected dens? Reading of these, I don't see the attraction of keeping this particular species without such provisions. It's cool that they don't require a large tank, but nobody seems to have much interaction with them...