• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Wonderpus threads

asid61

GPO
Registered
Can someone direct me to some wonderpus threads? Like ethics and stuff like that? The search tool doesn't work vey well for me...

Likely because most of the suff discussed was regarding mimics? And flamboyant cuttlefish? A quick search should provide you with a number of relevant threads in the exotics forum. At the same time, it is all mere discussion; there is no "definitive TONMO stance" other than that most here feel pretty uneasy with sampling unknown and potentially very fragile natural populations at a 1 in 10 survival rate, common to the wild caught pet trade. The added confounding factor is that mimics express their truly interesting behaviour exclusively in the wild, but never in captivity, in which they are amongst the least interactive octopus species out there, mainly kept for ornamental reasons.

Actually I was wondering about their care. I'm compiling a list of care sheets so that if they become more available in the future, I can get one. Anyway, I can't get any carnivore because my mom doesn't want to feed it meat (we are strict vegitarians).
Thank you!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back