Unknown Phylum. Any suggestions?

Nathalanti

Cuttlefish
Registered
Reaction score
The one thing that's been bugging me horrably since the start of reading this thread, there is an obvious smooth even edge around the striped section of this wee beastie, and to add to that there's roughy 10% of it's body length to put it's arms, if it is a Tremoctopus then can it do that and leave an even edge?

BTW I know very little about anything apart from a childhood facination with the wierd and wonderful world of Aquatics.

Antropoteuthis

Cuttlefish
Registered
Reaction score
i have the impression you are all going the wrong way about this thing. Adaptative convergence I state. that being looks very much like an abyssal flobby fish, its absolutely not a ceph, by the size not a spanish dancer, it looks like having a tailfin (a short one). maybe it lost the eyes as adaptation to abyss condition. in conclusion, its probably a fish of an unknown species (also flat shape is typical of fish), which lives in the abyss, with pelagic passive lifesyle, and a prominent flabby nose, such as the 'assfish'. the thing of adaptative convergence i say it, because a creature of any phyllum can end up in the shape of whatever thing evolution drives it to.

Damien

O. vulgaris
Registered
Reaction score
Without sample it's difficult to say something ... Tremoctopus could be the soluce( Tremoctopus , a specie I didn't know about before to discover tonmo :) ) ... but like cousteau said in the past "My friends, I believe that the sea reserves us some more surprises in ....... "

OB

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
s 100% Tremoctopus, I am sorry, people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterwong

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri