• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Abalone or Keyhole Limpet

Not sure if this is the right place for it. I think i found a baby abalone or Keyhole Limpet in my 75 gallon cold water octo tank. A week before i got squirt i got some really pores rocks in the deep tide pools. I think a baby abalone or keyhole limpet crawled out. Its really small my camera wont focus. Will squirt eat it and is that even possible? If it is an abalone should i return it because they are kinda endangered?

You can tell the difference by the number of holes on the shell. The abalone will have multiple holes, the limpet will have only a single hole. The abalone will also have a swirl to its shell while the limpet will be conical.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back