• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

WC bandensis eggs!

Here are some new photos of the kids... Baby A, Cuddly and then Scrunchy. I you look closely, you can see that one of Cuddly's tentacles is shorter (one of the two sticking up). This is the second time that this has happened to Cuddly and it happened to Scrunchy too, on the same tentacle. At first I thought it was the boys fighting, but now I am beginning to suspect it may have happened during mating...

Attachments

• conv_290125.jpg
    conv_290125.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 72
  • conv_290126.jpg
    conv_290126.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 91
  • conv_290127.jpg
    conv_290127.jpg
    638.4 KB · Views: 71
elaflam;88190 said:
Yay! Happy Anniversay! I got the eggs! Hopefully I'll be able to have an anniversay too!

So, I take it that you aren't interested in the cuttles we were pm'ing about? Or was my box full and I didn't get your responses?

Thales;88205 said:
So, I take it that you aren't interested in the cuttles we were pm'ing about? Or was my box full and I didn't get your responses?

Hi Thales
Ya, I'm still interested. I tried two different days but your box was full. The two sounds great!
thanks
Ed

Finally, after 9 months, Scrunchy will let us pet him. Both Baby A and Cuddly come up to the top of the tank for some human interaction daily. Today, Scunchy let my nine year old pet him (he likes her the best anyway... he will often hide for me, but if she is looking into the tank, he will come out). The other two will sit on our hand and let us pet their mantles. I tried petting them on the head, but they don't seem to like that as much.

Here are some shots of the cuttles from this group of eggs that I don't believe I have posted:

The first one is from when they were kids. This one is striking at Tigger Pod from Reef Nutrition.

The second one is some recent mating.

The third is a shot from above that I really like. :biggrin2:

Here are some new pictures of my kids. The first one is Scrunchy. The second one is Scrunchy and Cuddly fighting. Scrunchy is on the left and Cuddly is upside down (and looking rather unhappy). And the last picture is all three cuttlefish. Cuddly is on the left, Scrunchy is pushing Baby A away from Cuddly.

Attachments

• conv_290314.jpg
    conv_290314.jpg
    986.2 KB · Views: 69
  • conv_290313.jpg
    conv_290313.jpg
    762.1 KB · Views: 52
  • conv_290312.jpg
    conv_290312.jpg
    977.8 KB · Views: 51
The first picture is Cuddly pretending to be a squid. He sometimes gets in the flow of water and swims. The second picture is Scrunchy allowing my nine-year old daughter to pet him. The last picture is Cuddly sitting on my hand. He always turns pale to match my hand.

Attachments

• conv_290317.jpg
    conv_290317.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 55
  • conv_290315.jpg
    conv_290315.jpg
    700.5 KB · Views: 66
  • conv_290316.jpg
    conv_290316.jpg
    849.4 KB · Views: 67

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back