[Featured]: Qiaz Q.H. Hua (qiazopus)

qiazopus

Blue Ring
Registered
All 4 chapters of my PhD have officially been published, with two of them involving the invaluable help of @tonmo, especially @pkilian !! :')

Here are my PhD papers:
Projected ocean temperatures impair key proteins used in vision of octopus hatchlings - Global Change Biology
Qiaz Q. H. Hua, Dietmar Kültz, Kathryn Wiltshire, Zoe A. Doubleday, Bronwyn M. Gillanders

Better late than never: Optimising the proteomic analysis of field-collected octopus - Plos One
Qiaz Q. H. Hua, Clifford Young, Tara L. Pukala, Jasmin C. Martino, Peter Hoffmann, Bronwyn M. Gillanders, Zoe A. Doubleday

Using genomics and morphometrics to monitor data-poor and commercially exploited cephalopod populations - Marine Biology
Qiaz Q. H. Hua, Vicki A. Thomson, Jan M. Strugnell, Jasmin C. Martino, Bronwyn M. Gillanders, Zoe A. Doubleday

Innate response to first feeding in Octopus berrima hatchlings despite embryonic food imprinting - Behaviour
Qiaz Q. H. Hua, Manuel Nande, Zoe A. Doubleday, Bronwyn M. Gillanders

Some of the media articles associated with my Global Change Biology paper published recently on 4 Apr 2024:
Heat stress from ocean warming harms octopus vision (phys.org)
Warming seas impair octopus vision to a critical extent (earth.com)
Octopuses could lose eyesight and struggle to survive if ocean temperatures keep rising, study finds (The Guardian)

As I mentioned in the acknowledgments of my thesis (and more 'professionally' on the GCB paper):
"I’m so grateful for The Octopus News Magazine Online (TONMO) forum especially Peter (Kilian). I’d also like to thank Prof Ian Gleadall. Both of you had unconditionally dedicated your time to answering the many questions I had about raising live octopuses. The pressure I had was greater than being at the Mariana Trench, so I’m immensely grateful for your advice in relieving that pressure and contributing hugely to the success of the experiments."

awesome! 👏 -- congratulations @qiazopus, and thanks for sharing, and recognizing our community! and h/t to @pkilian! 🎩
THANK YOU! :tentacle:

Forgot to mention too that we made the cover of the journal - a newly hatched Octopus berrima!

GCB_Issue-CoverImage.png

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back