[Octopus]: I cant find my new octopus

yghanem1

Hatchling
Registered
I got a new algae octopus, i have been in the hobby for a decade but my first octo. I was able to spot him swimming and hiding for the first couple hours, then boom he has been missing for two days since. I am able to spot him pretty good up untill then. There was a 10 minute window where he could have maybe escaped while I walked away to accilimate the other fish that came, but I have searched in every crevice of every rock in the eqiiptment and he is no where to be found. He was about 4 inches big. Could he be hiding so deep in a live rock that I cant find him?

Hello! I am by no means an expert and I do have a different species of octopus, but my octopus is just a little smaller than yours and she's able to go so deep into her live rock that you can't see her at all until she wants to come out on her own. Matter of fact, if you look in my tank during the day (she's nocturnal) you'd never know she lives there lol.

I got a new algae octopus, i have been in the hobby for a decade but my first octo. I was able to spot him swimming and hiding for the first couple hours, then boom he has been missing for two days since. I am able to spot him pretty good up untill then. There was a 10 minute window where he could have maybe escaped while I walked away to accilimate the other fish that came, but I have searched in every crevice of every rock in the eqiiptment and he is no where to be found. He was about 4 inches big. Could he be hiding so deep in a live rock that I cant find him?
Octopus hide when there new. Especially if there a nocturnal species. Thanks

I know the feeling. I'm literally always looking at our baby monitor with heart palpitations 🤣

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back