[Octopus]: Briareus Baby '24

sedna

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
I got this new baby briareus from Philipp at KPAquatics.com in early March. I had some ISSUES in a couple of my other tanks that took all of my attention, which is fine because it let the newbie settle in without me being a helicopter keeper.

It's a cautious one so far, sits in a rock right up close to the front of the tank, but so deeply inside that all you can see is an eye all day. After dark it comes out and sits on its rock and watches us in the room. It'll come on the glass when I'm sitting nearby after dark, but still shy during the day. Just this week I've caught it out during the daylight but as you can see in the one picture that there's a wicked bad glare on the tank at that time so I can't get a good shot.

There's no name yet. I just don't have the feel for one. I don't know if it's male or female (a bit young to be imposing sex roles, isn't it?🤣), and I don't have a sense of its personality. Honestly, most of my fish don't have names. I'm at the point where I don't actually know how many fish I have- I'm luckily having success with my Soda Cichlids and some goodieds, more projects that are taking time from posting. The octopus doesn't care what I name it. It's all just for record keeping in the long run- something it resonate with me eventually...

IMG_0926.jpeg

IMG_0927.jpeg

IMG_0952.jpeg

IMG_0953.jpeg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back