• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

yay new octo!

sheesh, make me get up, walk to another room, get a book... 6cm ML arms to 30cm, according to Norman.

I got it from greenwich aquaria. They didn't know much about octos because they had it in a 20l with about 5 large tube anemones. I told them it could sting the octos but they said it avoids them.

Might not be aculeatus, there are several closely related species that look quite similar, maybe best to say Abdopus

Yes, I have one I am trying to ID too LOL

Don't worry about it, its just one of those things with keeping octopuses that many of them are never properly identified, out of all the ones I have kept I think that there are only 2 or 3 that i would say for certain that the ID was correct.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back