• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

www.FishSupply.com

Have any of you ordered any octopus from this site?
Im getting an octopus soon from this site and I wanna know if it's good, and if the octopus arrives NOT dead.

Anyway, were have any of you guys ordered your octopus from?
Can u give me any good websites that sell em'? Or you buy your octopi from were u live from an aquarium place?

ThanX.

I purchased a tank-raised bimac from them, and am quite happy. They called us before shipping to be sure that we would be home to receive the package. It was well packed in insulating styrofoam. The octopus didn't seem stressed at all when we opened the box, and played in the bag while we acclimated it.

-Mark

maractwin said:
I purchased a tank-raised bimac from them, and am quite happy. They called us before shipping to be sure that we would be home to receive the package. It was well packed in insulating styrofoam. The octopus didn't seem stressed at all when we opened the box, and played in the bag while we acclimated it.

-Mark

wow, I am totally buying an octopus from them. Whuch octopus did you buy the 32 dollar medium one, or the 29 dollar smaller one?

We got the young tank-raised bimac. It's about 3/4 inch mantle length, legs about 1.5 inches. We named him Bonk because he likes jetting across the tank, and then runs into the glass at full speed.

They shipped him overnight FedEx. Which means that shipping costs as much as the octopus. Too bad I didn't need any additional livestock for my other tanks, since the shipping box wasn't full.

This guy is too small for any of the live foods that are easily available. He's not interested in chasing down guppies. But he likes frozen krill, which are whole shrimps 1/4 to 1/2 inch long that some pet stores carry.

He was very quick to decide that it's safe to take food from our fingers. He does try to chew on our hands sometimes, but he's too small to break the skin. Just have to get him to stop that before he gets too large.

-Mark

Hello all, I have also ordered from www.fishsupply.com, and have never been disappointed. I ordered my first octo (tank raised), and all of my livestock comes from them. Jack is very knowledgeable, and has a customer service ethic that is about the best i have ever experienced. As a side note, their supplier occasionally sends them baby clams, and shrimp, these are excellent sources of food for the baby bimacs. Well that's my :twocents: .

P.S. This isn't an advertising plug for these guys.

Good luck!

Felix, El Gato!

maractwin said:
We got the young tank-raised bimac. It's about 3/4 inch mantle length, legs about 1.5 inches. We named him Bonk because he likes jetting across the tank, and then runs into the glass at full speed.

They shipped him overnight FedEx. Which means that shipping costs as much as the octopus. Too bad I didn't need any additional livestock for my other tanks, since the shipping box wasn't full.

This guy is too small for any of the live foods that are easily available. He's not interested in chasing down guppies. But he likes frozen krill, which are whole shrimps 1/4 to 1/2 inch long that some pet stores carry.

He was very quick to decide that it's safe to take food from our fingers. He does try to chew on our hands sometimes, but he's too small to break the skin. Just have to get him to stop that before he gets too large.

-Mark

wow thats SMALL.
Im getting the same one.

Thanks.

WAIT, Maractwin, His arms are ONLY 1.5 inches and his Mantle is 3/4 inches!?????????

That sounds WEIRD. And it certainly isn't how they look. Usually there mantles are bigger than there tentacles till they grow older, but thats WAY too much. That means his arms are SERIOUSLY tiny and small while his mantle is huge.

Are you sure you got it right?

My octo Ink also came from them! He's now 4 months with me! He arrived a little shakey from his trip but Jack was very concerned and asked me to keep him updated! Luckily, Ink snapped out of it!

Would deffinately order from them again!

Carol

maractwin said:
I shouldn't be mixing notation systems. When I said "3/4 inch", I meant .75 inches, not three to four inches.

So that's .75 inches ML, and 1.5 inches for the arms. But that's a wild guess, since he never poses where I could use a ruler.

There are some pictures at http://www.actwin.com/jod/octopus_photos/bonk/

-Mark

Ok thanks, but it looks bigger though.
It looks like the mantle would be 2 inches while the tentacles would be 3 inches lol.

Re: www.FishSupply.com

Armstrong said:
Im getting an octopus soon from this site and I wanna know if it's good, and if the octopus arrives NOT dead.

Can u give me any good websites that sell em'? Or you buy your octopi from were u live from an aquarium place?

ThanX.
hi there, i bought my o.vulgaris from fishsupply.com they delivered it alive in case you wondering.
a link that helped me out alot was:
http://www.dal.ca/~ceph/TCP/index.html

Re: www.FishSupply.com

o.vulgaris said:
Armstrong said:

ThanX.
hi there, i bought my o.vulgaris from fishsupply.com they delivered it alive in case you wondering.
a link that helped me out alot was:
http://www.dal.ca/~ceph/TCP/index.html

YupperZ, I go to that site like everyday cause it's packed with cephalopod stuff.
That's were I discovered sources of Live cephalopods. It's also were I discovered www.FishSupply.com

So when I get my tank raised Bimac from fishsupply.com what can I feed it?
I know it's a very small one indeed so mabye I can feed it dead things so they can catch it easier, OR should I feed it live food?
Right now it will be small and I need to find VERY small crustaceans. Krill will probably do.

Getting a good food supply is often one of the hardest things for a ceph-keeper to do... ideally is should be crabs and they should be fresh/alive

Time to start phoning your local seafood shops and see if they can help you out or can you make it to a beach?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back