• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Wunderpus Photogenicus - Ned & Anna DeLoach

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
For anyone not familiar with Ned and Anna DeLoach, Ned is probably best known for his photography in the, Caribbean divers must have Reef identification series written with Paul Humann. Ned and Anna continue to travel, photograph and document our ocean and blog their adventures on their Marine Life Blog. I had the pleasure of being email introduced to Anna several years ago to help coordinate posting a video documentary she and Ned put together for the Coral Restoration Foundation. During our on-line communications, I asked Anna about octopuses (of course) and she mentioned a couple of in-situ interactions they had filmed and published but were no longer available at the time, promising to put them on her list of archived revival items.

Today I was delighted to receive the following communication and wanted to share the revived information. I am including part of her note to me as I am sure you will find the humor and appreciate the detail:
I have posted two octopus stories on our blennywatcher.com site. They are articles pulled from our archives and accompanied by short videos (the videos are loaded on YouTube.) I have to point this out, because I know it will matter to you: in the Wonderpus magazine article, we always refer to the 8 arms. The editor of the magazine changed the article title to 8 Legged Wonder and we didn't know until we received a copy of the magazine. I don't know if anyone ever commented on it to the magazine and no one has pointed it out in a comment to my blog but I figured you would catch it, so thought I should explain:smile:

This is a link to their blennywatcher blog that includes additional information as well as the following video. Enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back