WTB: Cephalopod - Australia

Does anyone know the average water temperature off Southern Oz?

I live in California and would like to get my hands on Sepioloidea lineolata; the dreaded stryped pajama squid. Are there any red tape experts here? Finally can these be caught in "egg form".

Thanks to any and all for info?

:welcome: to TONMO.

I'll assume some of our biologists will know the temp in great detail and not try to look it up... I haven't heard of anyone here keeping these animals or putting them up for sale, although perhaps some of the NRCC folks or Roy Caldwell have. I think Steve said he'd eaten one :roll:

They look pretty similar to a bobtail squid, although I'd have to look up the relative sizes. If they're about the same size, you can probably find a great deal of care info by searching for Euprymna scolopes information. I think one or two people have kept them here, and I know a lot of researchers use them. I believe they (and other bobtail squids) are pretty similar to Sepia bandensis for requirements, but that they tend to be very nocturnal and bury themselves in the sand during the day... I have no idea how much of that would apply to the "pajama squid" though. Also, you know that that's on the list of "animals Mark Norman has announced are toxic but hasn't published any details about," right?

For animals that are toxic and that are not too well known in terms of population and such in the wild, we try to move discussion to the "exotics" forum to make sure we don't contribute to overcollection of potentially endangered animals and to separate out the animals we know and encourage people to care for, and that may be appropriate for this squid as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back