Would you eat squid for dinner for TONMOcon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About eating in Monterey, I have just two words.....Fish Hoppers
on the Pier across from [Blech!] Bubba Gumps. Great food, and the piece de' resistance [sp?] Octopus chandilers all over the place! Lets see...where is that photo?.....Damn! Don't have a digital copy..The parental unit is scanning them...should be up soon! BTW Erich? I heard Dr. Roper speak too! Was second gretest moment in my life!

Attachments

• conv_287989.jpg
    conv_287989.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 110
Here are 3 pix from Fish Hoppers.....
:vampyro:

Attachments

• conv_287990.jpg
    conv_287990.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 143
  • conv_287991.jpg
    conv_287991.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 119
  • conv_287992.jpg
    conv_287992.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 107
You and Erich have both met Clyde Roper???? OMG ! SO jealous!

What I really want to know is where did he get that amazing tie, and where can I get one?

As for the original question:

Would you eat squid for dinner for TONMOcon?

Well, probably not, but I can supply plenty of belemnites. They make excellent toothpicks.

Phil,

Don't you love how ceph-gifts tend to just accumulate around us all? I've been thinking about finding a source for plain silk ties around here and doing my own designs - painted, of course. Rebecca embroidered an octopus on this skinny silk mod tie she got me for the holidays a few years back - I wanted the SPECTRE insignia, but what she came up with was much cooler.

Rona - wasn't that a great talk? Did you drive up there in the storm that day, too? That was one of the nights that cars and people got swept away down the flood canals and a few houses slid away. Talk about dedication on the part of everybody that showed... or maybe I should say obsession! Did you notice Mike DeGruy there?

I was at the Santa Barbara Natural History Museum. A friend of mine works in the membership/fundraiser department and gave me the heads-up. I assumed that was where you saw him because he was dressed exactly the same way. This was in February of this year if I recall correctly. The drive up from Silver Lake (where I picked-up my traveling companion) took nearly four hours (traffic), with a downpour sometimes restricting visibility to one car length.

Wow! I am sorry I missed that! No, He came to Cabrillo and as luck would have it that very afternoon, a swimmer brought us a LIVE pair of docidicus. He let me help him dissect the one that died. We corrosponded for years after but I lost touch. As big a thrill as chaffuering Dr. J. Wood around LA last year....Now all I have to do is meet Dr. O'Shea and I can die a happy death! :octopus:

Rona said:
Wow! I am sorry I missed that! No, He came to Cabrillo and as luck would have it that very afternoon, a swimmer brought us a LIVE pair of docidicus. He let me help him dissect the one that died. We corrosponded for years after but I lost touch. As big a thrill as chaffuering Dr. J. Wood around LA last year....Now all I have to do is meet Dr. O'Shea and I can die a happy death! :octopus:

Well, certainly don't do that! The death part, not the meeting SOS part.

Erich will probaly be really ticked off at me for this, but he met Dr. C.R once before too. When Erich was 7 he ws invited to go on an expedition by Dr. Roper. Ididn't let him go.:oops: :sink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back