Would you eat squid for dinner for TONMOcon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipsquek

Wonderpus
Registered
I have a friend here in Monterey that owns a few restaurants, one of which sells something like 6 millions pounds of squid a year. He has offered to do a squid and octopus dinner for Sat., but we realize that not everyone likes eating the rubbery little buggers.

The restaurant is on the wharf and has great views of the bay and the boats.

Having heard about the joys of architeuthis flesh firsthand from Dr. Clyde Roper, all I can say to that last suggestion is YECHHH!!!

:yuck:

Will there be any Humboldt on the menu? That IS what those calamari steaks in the frozen food aisle of Trader Joe's are reputed to be...

I watch people eat it...don't care for it personally.

The menu is heavy on seafood, especially the group meals in the semi-primate room - we belong there! I would enjoy that, but lots of people want meatier fare. There aren't many meaty options, and none in the group menus.

Melissa

Melissa said:
The menu is heavy on seafood, especially the group meals in the semi-primate room - we belong there! I would enjoy that, but lots of people want meatier fare. There aren't many meaty options, and none in the group menus.

Melissa

He owns another place just across the wharf that is a lot meatier. And do n't worry about what's on that menu, I'll get us a lot better than that.

Hope I don't affend but...I LOVE THE CALAMARI!!!! Can eat it all day long and make it a point to eat squid whenever I'm in Monterey.
-chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back