Would you eat squid for dinner for TONMOcon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipsquek

Wonderpus
Supporter
I have a friend here in Monterey that owns a few restaurants, one of which sells something like 6 millions pounds of squid a year. He has offered to do a squid and octopus dinner for Sat., but we realize that not everyone likes eating the rubbery little buggers.

The restaurant is on the wharf and has great views of the bay and the boats.

chrono_war01

Colossal Squid
Supporter
how deos he cook them?

Maybe the lil buggers from Squidcam can come too....u know...to the restuarant... :lol:

erich orser

Architeuthis
Supporter
Registered
Having heard about the joys of architeuthis flesh firsthand from Dr. Clyde Roper, all I can say to that last suggestion is YECHHH!!!

:yuck:

erich orser

Architeuthis
Supporter
Registered
Will there be any Humboldt on the menu? That IS what those calamari steaks in the frozen food aisle of Trader Joe's are reputed to be...

Melissa

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
The menu is heavy on seafood, especially the group meals in the semi-primate room - we belong there! I would enjoy that, but lots of people want meatier fare. There aren't many meaty options, and none in the group menus.

Melissa

pipsquek

Wonderpus
Supporter
Melissa said:
The menu is heavy on seafood, especially the group meals in the semi-primate room - we belong there! I would enjoy that, but lots of people want meatier fare. There aren't many meaty options, and none in the group menus.

Melissa

He owns another place just across the wharf that is a lot meatier. And do n't worry about what's on that menu, I'll get us a lot better than that.

chrono_war01

Colossal Squid
Supporter
I wonder can we just run around the wharf eating at both restaurants at once....

But can't we just have instant noodles instead?

Rona

O. bimaculoides
Registered
About eating in Monterey, I have just two words.....Fish Hoppers
on the Pier across from [Blech!] Bubba Gumps. Great food, and the piece de' resistance [sp?] Octopus chandilers all over the place! Lets see...where is that photo?.....Damn! Don't have a digital copy..The parental unit is scanning them...should be up soon! BTW Erich? I heard Dr. Roper speak too! Was second gretest moment in my life!

Attachments

Phil

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Registered
You and Erich have both met Clyde Roper???? OMG ! SO jealous!

What I really want to know is where did he get that amazing tie, and where can I get one?

As for the original question:

Would you eat squid for dinner for TONMOcon?
Well, probably not, but I can supply plenty of belemnites. They make excellent toothpicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online