Would you come to TONMOcon at Monterey, Aug. 5-7, 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg,

Two hotels actually connect to the conference center where the lectures will be held, and I'm certain they have bars. The conference center, if you want a scenic jaunt, is a gorgeous fifteen-minute walk along the shoreline from the aquarium. Oh, and don't worry. Monterey has lots of restaurants and bars. Carmel is just a short hop away by car, and it also has some great places to eat, drink, and be merry.

Erich

That sounds tempting, but with a teacher salary in the summer....I'll be in chicken class....

great Idea....maybe next year at the baltimore aquarium...

Gaetan

LOL...two bars ! Heck! I do love Cannery Row...the whole area is great ! What are the two hotels that we are going to be inbetween, and is there a chance of getting a block of rooms if we get enough commitments? I know, stuff to do in your spare time... :lol:
Hats off to the two of you again !
greg

All I had to do was mention it to Shanlyn...the last time we were out in SJ/SF, she couldn't go shopping, sooooo...we are definitely in !
Wine tasting? Cool !
greg

Boy howdy, do I have a bunch of coordinating phone calls to make tomorrow...

Hi ya'll,

We can arrange a party here around that date in Santa Cruz.... about 30 miles up the coast. Santa Cruz is a beautiful area, and we live on acreage with redwoods, and then some of you can meet our alpacas. :smile:

We will be at the event. So email me if you want to get together at some time over the weekend this occurs and then I'll figure out the date, and make a map, etc. It's not that far, and we will have a good time.

This sounds like fun!

Joy

Wine tasting, eh, sis? Hmmm... this all sort of depends upon what ends up getting planned with the convention authorities and the aquarium, schedule-wise, but could be fun if it can be budgeted for time...

Erich

The closest practical airport is San Jose International. You can get direct or connecting flights from all over most of the country. There are then commuter connections to Monterey, I'm almost certain.
By car, Monterey is about 80 miles from San Jose.
Commuter connections from LAX will probably work as well.

For any who are inclined and haven't tried it, there is great scuba diving off the Coast Guard pier right near downtown Monterey. It's where a lot of classes are held so it's easy for less experienced divers and can give a great introduction to the kelp forest environement for those who have never seen it up close and wonderful.

erich orser said:
Boy howdy, do I have a bunch of coordinating phone calls to make tomorrow...

Kind of takes on a life of it's own, doesn't it??? Just think of the rewards of basking in all of the praise when all is said and done, though!!!
I wouldn't sweat all the little parties added on...they should finalize themselves prior to the event, which will mostly Tonmo stuff !! It will be a blast to get together with everyone ! Someone needs to bring a digital video cam so we can post some bits on Tonmo...
greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back