• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Will my octopus still thrive on shrimp?

Leigh

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
The local pet shop near me has just closed with no notice. I was going to get crab since my octo is still small I've been feeding him the baby clams, frozen shrimp (thawed), and occasionally a freshwater crawdad. Will he be able to live on the shrimp alone later since I will not be able to go and get bigger crabs every week for him? I read the forums here on the feeding, but I do not want to spend a TON of money at walmart on their live stuff since that is one other place I can get a few crab, lobster, and so on now and then.

You might want to check out your local ethnic market area...quite often the fishmongers have small crabs that come in with their normal shipment, and most are just thrown away...depending on where you are located, I am sure you can find something nearby to supplement the shrimp and clams...good hunting !
greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back