• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Why is it that...

None, had a bimac a few weeks ago though, I kept him for five months successfully then stopped eating and a crab snipped his leg off, then a stupid heater mistake finished him off.

I'd need both (heater and a chiller for a bimac), in the summer my tank was 80 degrees F, in the winter it goes down to the lower 60s.

I've tried getting squid before but they die pretty quickly out of water it seems. Its not easy catching them in a container when you're about 4 metres above the waves. :frown: They are also more prone to inking and can jet at a very high speed which can cause some bad butt burn in tanks.

Well, since im so high above the water, we used a net attached to a long pole, the squid would ink like mad once it out of the water, after putting it in a fiberglass container, it perished after 2-3 minutes.

I guessed that the only way was to either get into the water with the squid to catch them in containers, or attach a container to the pole and scoop the squid up. But that would be pretty hard due to weight. The pole itself weighs about 40 pounds. it might sound light but its 7 metres long and can be awkward to handle. :frown:

Fine ,Fine ,Fine, I admit it, I gave my fake height of 5 ft 8 But im really a 16 ft giant :smile: I can barely get in my home andi have to huch all the time since the ceiling is so low.

I was at a jetty, it has a large net under the water. At night, spotlights are turned on to attract small fish which in turn attract squid. The net is then raised so the squid are still in the water. After that, that dumb net on a pole is used to get them out. You won't believe the amount of ink that can come out from those buggers.

yes i can... about as much as come sout of adult Sepia???? LOLOL

transferring them was a nightmare

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back