• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

who should i take ?

anyway i am also interested in cuttlefihses they seem to be a good choice for a begginer with octopuses like me heh he. But i like the aculeatus very mutch to so i dont really know withc to choose, but if i going to get a cuttle then i want a sepia offcinalis i have heard they live longer then the bandensis am i corect ? but it seems that not so many here on the forum have any experience of them i have looked in the journals but cant find any info of them :/ it seems they have more experience of the sepia bandensis

if you type

180 litres in gallons

into google, it tells you

180 litres = 47.5509694 US gallons

which is probably OK for 1 or 2 bandensis, or hummelincki or perhaps aculeatus, but is far too small for the vulgaris you were considering, and a bit smaller than we recommend (55-75gal) for bimacs and briareus.

bläckis;129546 said:
anyway i am also interested in cuttlefihses they seem to be a good choice for a begginer with octopuses like me heh he. But i like the aculeatus very mutch to so i dont really know withc to choose, but if i going to get a cuttle then i want a sepia offcinalis i have heard they live longer then the bandensis am i corect ? but it seems that not so many here on the forum have any experience of them i have looked in the journals but cant find any info of them :/ it seems they have more experience of the sepia bandensis

S. officinalis needs a big, big tank, and a chiller. We don't see them here in the states, at least for several years. Seems Thales and Paradox have managed to keep some S. bandensis for well over a year.

Go with S. bandensis or the A. aculeatus.

Animal Mother;129549 said:
S. officinalis needs a big, big tank, and a chiller. We don't see them here in the states, at least for several years. Seems Thales and Paradox have managed to keep some S. bandensis for well over a year.

Go with S. bandensis or the A. aculeatus.

okey i will go for the aculeatus i will ask my lfs if they can shipp them to me but i need to set up my tank first for it right now i have corals and fishes int it, do i need to take away the soft corals or can i have them with the octo ? and it would be nice if you guys can tell me witch equipment i need for thise spicement :smile:

i asked my lfs if they could shipp the bandensis and they said that it would not be a problem but once agian they say that it wolud be better if i get bandensis eggs so what do you guys think about that ? my lfs also said that the only problem is just to get live crabs for the little ones

I suspect no one is answering because it's more a matter of personal preference and availability... there isn't a real "right answer." I think you should consider bandensis vs. a medium-sized octopus like hummelincki, aculeatus, briareus, or one of the bimac species, but in Europe it's not clear what will be available... if your supplier can get bandensis for sure, that's a big plus for cuttles.

okey i really like the aculeatus but im not sure if my lfs can shipp them here so thats one problem, but the biggest problem is to get live food like crabs or shrimps do you guys now were i can get those for a good price ?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back