• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

White marks near the end of the Tentecle

Since Zim only rubs his face on the glass at night after the lights go off I put him on a 24 hour day. Lights on all day and night. If I can keep him from rubbing for a day or two Im hoping hell start to heal up.

Its all over the tank that he rubs. right at the top just under the water. all four sides. His eyes get all big like they do and he just sort of zones out. I have mandated no TV at night in the room with him and no other lights.
Seems like he wants to wander at night.
:frown:
New tank is deeper and wider but not longer
hope he like it

he eats just fine
grabs stuff
they stretch out and make those hand signals that Cuttles do.
he has a wierd "Cough" like he spreads all his arms out wide and like well coughs. and his arms all looks good then.

Mizu said:
Why is he so small
if hes supposed to get to 18 inches and hes only 8 and if he only lives 12-18 months hes got 3 months to get another TEN inches.

Growthrates depend on temperature.
When I was studying squid and sepiolids at DML in Scotland they had hatched out a dozen or so S. officinalis eggs at the lab. 4 cuttles were given to the local Sealife Center when they were a few months old. At the lab we kept them in a heated tank (about 72F) and The Sealife Center kept them in an unheated tank (< 60F). After about 5 months our cuttles were about 10" and the ones at the sealife center were only 5 inches.
Also in the wild only cold water S. officinalis populations grow that big and live that long (18+ months). Mediterranian populations only live for about a year and don't get nearly as big.

Cute little cuttle, though.:smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back