• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

which octopus should i choose??

Hello I am new to TONMO and think it is one of the best resources for cephalopod lovers. I was just wondering if a bimac needs a chiller to thrive and if so what are some warm water specimens besides a caribbean reef octopus?

:welcome: to TONMO

Bimacs definately need a chiller, as they require a temperature around 60 degrees.

Other Carribean species are O.Briareus(75+ gallons) O.Mercatoris(15-40 gallons), O. Hummelincki(40+ gallon). another warm water species we see is the A.Acleatus(40+Gallon) from Indonesia. There are others but these are the most common.

You should read through the Journals and check out the "list of our octopuses 20.." It will help you get an is a what people are keeping and the requirements for different animals
TONMO Cephalopod Community

An aculeatus is pretty small for a 75. You might have trouble finding it. I have a bimac in a 75 right now and that is the perfect size for them. If you could get a chiller and get a bimac you would be set.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back