• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Which is better to have: a squid or an octopus?

Takoball

Hatchling
Registered
*Sprt sprt!*

My mom's always thought about having a saltwater aquarium full of exotic fish. Recently, I purposed that we go ahead with preparing a tank, learning how to set things up, etc. I then asked her if I could get a squid or octopus (my original intention was that I like cephalopods and I wanted to see how intelligent they are, i.e.- teach it to shake hands or whatever) for the tank. She agreed, but only if my grades next semester were good enough. So, I need to know from some experts, which is the better and/or more intelligent cephalopod to have: a squid or an octopus?

Squids are pretty much impossible to all but the largest of purpose build ponds and are therefore beyond the reach of almost all in the hobby.
if you read back past posts you'll see what problems there have been.

Octopuses are much easier compared

:smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back