• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Where to get octopus in the Netherlands

Yoshi

Hatchling
Registered
Does anyone know this? Could I order one somewhere or is it likely to die while being shipped? Or should I catch one, and how do I do this?

:welcome: to TONMO!

Unfortunately, we have a lot less info on getting octos in the EU... in general, the "octopus availability" thread is where we track sources for octos, but it's rather US-centric most of the time. Colin sometimes gets them in the UK, and may be of some help. They seem to do well if shipped properly, so if you can find someone willing to do fast international shipping, that's not impossible.

:welcome: to you as well, Callum. If you have octos available in Europe generally, I'm sure you'll be very welcome indeed!

Hi, there are quite a lot of threads about Wunderpus on this site regarding the ethics of their collection and maintenance in captivity. Give the forums a quick search and you will see that it really isn't an ideal species for selling.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back