• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Where to get octopus in the Netherlands

Yoshi

Larval Mass
Registered
Does anyone know this? Could I order one somewhere or is it likely to die while being shipped? Or should I catch one, and how do I do this?

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
:welcome: to TONMO!

Unfortunately, we have a lot less info on getting octos in the EU... in general, the "octopus availability" thread is where we track sources for octos, but it's rather US-centric most of the time. Colin sometimes gets them in the UK, and may be of some help. They seem to do well if shipped properly, so if you can find someone willing to do fast international shipping, that's not impossible.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
:welcome: to you as well, Callum. If you have octos available in Europe generally, I'm sure you'll be very welcome indeed!

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Hi, there are quite a lot of threads about Wunderpus on this site regarding the ethics of their collection and maintenance in captivity. Give the forums a quick search and you will see that it really isn't an ideal species for selling.

Members online