• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Where to get Cephalopods in Europe?

Gurky

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Does anyone know if it's possible to get Sepia bandensis in Europe? If not, is there someone that deals with Cephalopods in general(Sepia officinalis maybe)? Have tried google but it's not my friend :sad:

Whereabouts in Sweden are you? There are at least 3 stores between Oslo and Lier that will order in octopus on demand, don't see why they couldn't get other cephalopods.

They won't ship to you, you will have to drive and collect it.

Kenneth Olsen owns a site called www.korallen.no, you can call him (+47 for Norway) and ask him to contact his suppliers about getting a cuttlefish. He will ship corals but I don't think anything else. He is well-known in Norway among saltwater enthusiasts. He lives in Moss.

The fish store in Oslo is called TAM Alna. I bought an anemone from there recently and the guy I dealt with - Mats - had a knowledge that was second-to-none. They don't keep cephalopods in stock because of the difficulty of keeping them but they will order them in with 3 weeks notice I was told (I haven't actually done it yet so this is just what I've been informed). You would have to arrange a pick-up date with them. The number is 98 29 77 00. I would ask for Mats if you can, he was specifically recommended to me by the manager of another store.

Avoid Akvariemagasinet (Norway's biggest fish shop, in Oslo). The guy there was a complete idiot, I don't know how he makes any money.

You could also try Jan Holt AS, also in Oslo, I haven't been there but they are meant to be saltwater experts. I don't know if they can get you a cuttlefish or not, but they have an excellent reputation. Their number is 21 42 00 45.

Hope that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back