• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Where to get baby bimacs?

I posted in the Octopus Availability thread that Marine Depot had some tank raised baby bimacs in. I'm sure they are gone by now but you could try them.

kingsnar said:
Is Octopus briareus notcurnal? Tropical? Lifespan? How large and what size tank?

50 Gallon would do...at adult size they reach a mantle length of 12 cm. (4.5 in.) and a tentacle length of 60 cm. (2 ft.) with a total of approx. 2 1/2 ft. I believe their tropical because their native to California coasts and Florida. They are known especially for their long tentacles and known as Carribean Reef Octopuses.

Toms Carribean had 11 of them in stock last week...but just got updated today and now only 1 is in stock unless its already taken which I assume. He sold 9 of them today in less than 5 hours. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back