• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Where to buy an octopus

mbaudek

Hatchling
Registered
hello...I am new to this sight...i have been doing my homework and I think I want an octopus for my 75 gallon tank. Right now it has a lot of live stock but I will slowly sell my livestock to my LFS.

My question is...every website that sells octopus seems to never have them in stock. is there a good time of the year when they get them?

can anyone find me a place that has them in stock?

I am looking for a smaller octopus...

My tank has been up for about 3 years now...it has a 1.5" sand bed and about 65 lbs of live rock in it. I have 2 Hydor Koralia powerheads for circulation. I am also running a marineland magnum canister filer. I have t-5 lighting and a 150watt titanium heater.

I need a protein skimmer...any recommendations?

after reading most of the articles I think I have a little bit under my belt but any advice would be greatly appreciated...

thanks

Finding an octopus is kind of hit and miss. Watch the octopus availability forum for new postings. The empty gallonage of your tank will be the biggest determining factor on what size octo would be best suited. With 65 pounds of LR, I am guessing a 55 gallon set up and that will accomodate most of the ones we commonly find. The smaller of this group will be the hummelincki (my personal favorite) and the aculeatus. Briareus should be beoming available soon but a 55 is pinching it (but doable).

Of the skimmers we have tried, we like the Coralife the best (we have one higher end Red Sea Berlin that we hate and have not been happy with the cheapest ones we have tried). We also have an inline Current that has some advantages but is constructed very poorly.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back