• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

WHERE DO I START?

Hi my name is Rudi

i am currently living in south africa and to get octopus here is a mission. does anyone know a pet store that ships octopus abroad. ive also been keeping a reef aqaurium for 2 years now and now i wanna go for something different i have a 55gallon tank to keep the octopus in. could anyone help me with all the requirements i need?

thank you:biggrin2:

:welcome: to TONMO. I'm not aware of anyone who's had a pet octo shipped to South Africa, but I know there are some ceph researchers who have spent time there, so they might know more. I think Tintenfisch stopped there on her world tour of squids in jars last year...

well if you want the requirements then you need to run your tank for at least 3 months and make sure there is no copper at all in the water. make sure you have good filtration because octos are messy eaters. octos have been known to be escape artists so make sure theres no way for the octo to get out of it's tank. those are the basics i guess.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back