WHERE DO I START?

Discussion in 'Octopus Care' started by RUDI RAMAGE, Mar 2, 2008.

1. RUDI RAMAGE

RUDI RAMAGE Pygmy Octopus Registered

Hi my name is Rudi

i am currently living in south africa and to get octopus here is a mission. does anyone know a pet store that ships octopus abroad. ive also been keeping a reef aqaurium for 2 years now and now i wanna go for something different i have a 55gallon tank to keep the octopus in. could anyone help me with all the requirements i need?

thank you:grin:

2. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Architeuthis Supporter

3. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

:welcome: to TONMO. I'm not aware of anyone who's had a pet octo shipped to South Africa, but I know there are some ceph researchers who have spent time there, so they might know more. I think Tintenfisch stopped there on her world tour of squids in jars last year...

4. fishkid6692

fishkid6692 Vampyroteuthis Supporter

well if you want the requirements then you need to run your tank for at least 3 months and make sure there is no copper at all in the water. make sure you have good filtration because octos are messy eaters. octos have been known to be escape artists so make sure theres no way for the octo to get out of it's tank. those are the basics i guess.

5. Thales

Thales Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

Where in SA? I live in Joburg for 4 years when I was a kid. Miss it! Welcome to TONMO.