Where are you staying at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, there is a wonderful Youth Hostle in the centre of Monterey. it's very cheap, new and [this one's important] clean. I've made my reservations already, just in case.... Monterey fills up Fastasthat!
cheers
:vampyro:

Rona said:
Again, there is a wonderful Youth Hostle in the centre of Monterey. it's very cheap, new and [this one's important] clean.

Uh oh....hostile youth! YIKES! :wink:

I'm staying at the Carmel Hill Lodge, which someone recommended.

Whats wrong with a Youth Hostle? It's cheap! And it's clean. I think a whole bunch of us should take the place over for these nights. That would be a lot of fun! :biggrin2:

Nothin wrong with a Youth Hostel, but I'm not familiar with Monterey and the impression of the word Hostel still gives me the creeps after 3 months in China.

Oh! :yuck: Never fear.. This one is new-ish [less than 5 years old] very clean and semi-comfortable. The web address is:

www.montereyhostel.org

20 USD a night for adults over 18. Sure beats 200 USD+ a night anywhere else! I am a struggling Marine Science major eeking out an existence at Home Depot. 20 a night is about all I can afford!
:vampyro:

No, you did not mention the distance. But I'm sure that Amercian is much more sanitary than in China.
Another piont, youth hostels only cost 5 bucks in china, since the poeple all live in bunk beds, 25 popele share 5 bathrooms. Is cleaned ANUUALY, and usually does not have running water. (The floor is full of dust, spit and icky bugs too.) So, China still gives me the creeps.

I'm not sure..Dad's making the decision and the whole trip is further jepordised (or whatever you sepll it) bu the fact that Dr. SOS not going since well, I was talking about him a lot and that my Dad thinks that if he's not going, it's all going to be a waste of time. :sad:

Hi Eric

I'm sorry to hear that your dad thinks it will be a waste of time without SOS. I promise it won't be - we have fabulous people from MBARI, which may be the world's premiere ocean research outfit and we get to visit it, and other scientists who will speak, including Dr. Gilly who has made documentaries that you may have seen. I'm disappointed that Steve cannot join us, but I'm sure that you will get a lot out of this even without Steve.

Melissa

Hi Eric

It's great that your dad will join you - he will have lots of other grown ups to talk to so you won't have to keep him amused all by yourself. And the list of speakers is terrific!

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back