• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

When to feed baby cuttles

RJFairbanks

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hey guys, I have two new cuttle babies and 3 on the way (hopefully). I have one that was born on the 3rd so about 3 days old. I know they can go 2 days to 2 weeks before they eat thier first meal. I have some mysis on the way. But I tried an amphipod today and no such luck in the first 10 min. After that I stopped watching. Anyways, How long should I wait before I get worried that they are not eating and not going to make it? They seem pretty content staying in the algea. If in a week he hasnt eaten I know I will be freaking out so what should I do in that situation.

Also do I just put the food in close to them? Cause I put them in and they( the food) run off. At this age will they chase them down?

Thanks for all info in advance. I thought I knew a little about what Im doing, but now that its here I'm freaking out a little lol

Welcome to motherhood (fatherhood?)! They will probably be able to catch the mysids, the amphipods may be too fast. Can you get tiggerpods? They should start eating soon, but it can take a few days, plus they are so darn small it is hard to watch them.

I can probably get some trigerpods. I thought most people started feeding mysis. I have a brine shrimphatchery. I know those are not very good for them but should I try to do those untill I get some other foods in? I know triggerpods are about the same size and bbs. Oh and its motherhood and Im soo nervous!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back