• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

What's up with this?

Thales;133513 said:
Reported. Anyone with an ebay account should report her.

What link did you use to report her? I wanted to report the use of copyrighted photos (and now have a different problem with pictures from one of the sites I am responsible for) and the procedure was very cumbersome. Since you didn't use the intellectual rights complaint, can you post the link to the one that you could successfully submit (or did you use the one Jennifer supplied - afraid that one won't produce anything since they are very loose with the term fish and alive)?

Tkx

Paradox;133559 said:
Look at all the captive bred cephs they are claiming!?!?1

I noticed that. I googled some of the cuttlefish listed and came up with nothing. She is calling the flamboyant cuttlefish "Horned" Cuttlefish.

I questioned her on them and she seems to be unable to produce any photos of her own. She told me that she could send me pictures to my email address and when I supplied her with my email address she replied with a hateful email stating that I insulted her.

She now has a new auction offering 3 Bandensis eggs for $150!!!

She is also now including an email address in her [email protected]

jtrasap;133573 said:
I noticed that. I googled some of the cuttlefish listed and came up with nothing. She is calling the flamboyant cuttlefish "Horned" Cuttlefish.

I questioned her on them and she seems to be unable to produce any photos of her own. She told me that she could send me pictures to my email address and when I supplied her with my email address she replied with a hateful email stating that I insulted her.

Report that to Ebay as seller abuse.

I just sent her:

I recognize many of the photos in your auction from other sources - do you have any photos of the actual items you have for sale?

Thanks

I think we should be nice and mine for info before going after her. With more info, we might be able to get ebay to do something. If we make her mad, she will clam up. If we are nice to her, perhaps we can sway her...

Thales;133578 said:
I think we should be nice and mine for info before going after her. With more info, we might be able to get ebay to do something. If we make her mad, she will clam up.

I've been digging around a bit without any luck as of yet.

Thales;133598 said:
She replied to me. She seems confused.

Same here. She did send me a couple of pictures that you couldn't see much of anything in. It smells so badly of a scam but she accepts PayPal. I thought about buying a few of her "flamboyant" eggs just to check it out and if it fails file a claim with PayPal.

cuttlegirl;133605 said:
:shock::mad: She says she has kept squid in the past?!?

Yes...She even states in her auction that she has "Australian rainbow squid eggs" available. After I pointed out to her the fact that she was using other people's copyrighted photographs to sell her items, she replied with another hateful email and blocked me from bidding on the auction. Another thing that I found funny was that her business name in the email that she sent me was "Doc. B Taxidermy"......:roflmao:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back