What's up guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am, like my name suggests, an evil republican (the guys that disagree with you guys all the time and are brainwashed into liking big coorperations). Just wanted to say hi and that, providing I'm not banned for clearly not breaking any rules, you will see a lot of me playing devils advocate to what I feel I must educate you about. See you on the forums!

I doubt it. We have a very short fuse for trolls here...this is not a political site. Go somewhere else.

No, I do not. This is not the place for political banter, unless the politics influence the state of cephs.

greg

E-R,

Welcome to TONMO. Let me get straight to the point: This is a forum for cephalopods and related issues. Our founder is a staunch Republican, and those of us who aren't get along with him well. He has kept a lot of nasty politics off the board.

From the introductory tone of your post I can see you fall into one of two categories: 1) You're lying. You're simply trying to make all Republicans look like they completely disregard everyone with whom they disagree. Or 2) You're telling the truth and you're still trying to make Repbulicans look like they disregard everyone with whom they disagree, therefore illogically undermining your own political agenda.

Either way, we're not up to it right now. Please keep on topic. Other than that, welcome to TONMO.

John

welcome...i havet been here for long myself but i dont thinkk that people come to an octopus website to learn why everything George Bush does is sooo important and justified... Stick to ceph related topics

why are you here, exactly

E-R, I actually admire the fact that you're not one of the occasional people who create an account, post something inflamatory or annoying, and then are never heard from again. However, from all of your posts, I don't understand why you're interested in TONMO. This is a forum for discussing cephalopod related things, for the most part. Certainly, sometimes discussions stray somewhat, but it's a forum with that specific purpose. If you want a place to express your political opinions, I'd suggest you look for a forum of some sort that's well-suited to that, or, maybe even better, start a blog and use the comments section as the forum to discuss your views. So far, your posts have not shown any interest in cephalopods at all, except to dismiss them is irrelevant to society and culture.

In your initial post, you said

Hello, I am, like my name suggests, an evil republican (the guys that disagree with you guys all the time and are brainwashed into liking big coorperations). Just wanted to say hi and that, providing I'm not banned for clearly not breaking any rules, you will see a lot of me playing devils advocate to what I feel I must educate you about. See you on the forums!

In addition to having nothing to do with cephalopods, this post is a truly bizarre juxtaposition of self-effacement and arrogance. You feel compelled to educate us? you have some weird notion of what "we" think about "evil republicans"? You have invented some idea of what we think and you have taken it as a crusade to change that?

Even if it were appropriate to participate here from a purely political perspective (it's not), you come across as having judged everyone reading this as having foolishly reached conclusions that are different from yours... that doesn't establish you as credible, it establishes you as naive and opinionated.

Hello E-R,

:welcome:

There is a thread in the Supporters forum dedicated to contemporary American politics, focusing mostly on the US presence in Iraq. Once you become a TONMO Supporter (by paying a $20 subscription fee), you'll be free to educate folks about the values of the modern Republican party.

If ponying up a bit of cash to gain access chafes you, well, just think of yourself as a lobbyist.

Cheers,
Clem

Plus there are people from all over the world on this forum thus we have no real knowledge of or perhaps even interest in...US politics! I'm neither republican or democrat as I live in NZ..........so don't stir just for the sake of stirring, which from your posts is what you're setting out to do. If you want to talk octopus, squid, cuttlefish, nautilus, cthulthu then :welcome:

apolitically yours

J

E_R,

I guess I wasn't online yesterday when you decided to favour us with your political wisdom, but I'm afraid I have to join the chorus here and state that this is not a political site. That our members (both inside and outside of the United States) run the gamut politically, that at Tonmo.com you'll find conservatives, liberals, and quite possibly anarchists all getting along fine because we want to discuss the one subject we all share keen interest in: cephalopods. If you're not interested in cephalopods, what could possibly have motivated you to join? Are you just that bored? Based on the content of your posts, it would appear that you're motivated solely by a desire to go a-trolling.
I like Grieg's "Hall of the Mountain King" as well as the next guy, but trolls are not welcome here.:goodbye:

Evil_Republican said:
Do you have any forum suggestions that I may enlighten people with my conservative ways?
As Clem noted, only the Supporters Forum.

You are in fact violating guidelines via trolling posts, and so this thread is locked.

Good responses in this thread, TONMOers! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back